Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Words from Physics lecturer

Attended the physics lecture today. As usual my physics lecturer, who is also the lecturer of those smart USP students, told us the importance of not to be over reliance of lecturer and model answers, and the differences of school life from the real world. Actually I have already realized it my first semester, however I am still in the process of becoming a "real" university students. I went to asked him how to do some of the questions of Mastering Physics, but he just briefly went through the process. So being a student in transformation I have to work out the answers by myself later. I just feel that my physics lecturer is quite strict with his students even if he is quite friendly sometimes. After hearing his words, I do realise that actually there are a lot of students who are so obssessed with model answers so they actually could not accept any mistakes and make their lifes full of worries. Suddenly I doubt what so many years of education has given us. I definately agree that it is important to gain as much knowledge as possible by going to school so as to be able to take up professional jobs next time to do the work well (Or else nobody goes to school already). However we should also be aware that what the school teaches are not all in our lives. We should be able to handle some other problems which may arise and we do not learn that problem in school. Think that simply means we need to think more, and think more laterally too...haha

No comments: