Friday, January 19, 2007

Hoo hoo finally weekend!!

Finally survived a series of lectures and now is time to enjoy (and do tutorials also:(). Sadly lab sessions and tutorials are starting next week so will be more busy. I had a lot of fun this week with my OG mates and cousins.

Tuesday
Went for a dinner and movie with my OG mates. I'm glad to hear that all my OG friends are enjoying their first semester. So I guess only it will be only me who is having the thought of changing course. Anyway we discussed a lot of school stuffs and I heard that Erwin is rather worried about having to take General Biology since he has not been studying biology since secondary school days. Personally I feel that this module is just a lot of memorizing work and maybe some logical thinking so I told him that it will be easy (As I heard too from those who have taken it). We watched Pan's Labyrinth that day. I feel that if you are a literature type of person you will like that movie. It is not a horror movie as advertised. Rather the movie talks about a girl who has fantasies from a story book she read in order to draw herself away from the harsh life which she is having. Like Zhongyang said this movie is like an old movie because of the style of filming and the dark scenes throughout the movie. After the movie we went MacCafe for a drink before calling it a day.

Friday
Met up with my sister and my two cousins for dinner at Ding Tai Feng. After that Gao Rui suggested to play pool. After that pool game (10 games) we are all impressed with Gao Rui's skill. My sister and YanHao's skills have improved along the games too. It looks like polytechnic students can play pool better...yay!! Haha... After that we went to MacCafe for a drink and a couple of cakes before going home. (The brownie is very nice!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quoted: "We watched Pan's Labyrinth that day. I feel that if you are a literature type of person you will like that movie. It is not a horror movie as advertised."

Oi, oi! Come on, that movie is pretty enjoyable (in a freakish & disturbing sense) whether or not you're a Lit student. Although it comes across as more of an adult fairytale than a run-of-the-mill horror flick; you gotta admit, it is somewhat grotesque, especially towards the end.

~ you-know-who