Thursday, April 9, 2009

Looking for car

I was doing my routine stuff (checking out cars on the website) after I was sick and tired of mugging and I realise that buying a car is not as easy as it seems. The problem is not with the $ but the things that the buyer has to look out for. Here are some of those:

1) Fuel consumption (We're in a world where we will be seeing a $200/barrel oil in near future)

2) Brand (I think it is personal preference. But I'm sick of seeing Hondas and Toyotas on the road even though I'm do not have anything against them)

3) Comfort (Leather seat is a must, together with LCD display with other high tech stuffs)

4) Ease of driving (Heard that european cars and japanese cars feel different with driving)

5)Safety (It has to withstand collision and its better to have more airbags)

Therefore after factoring all these mentioned, I realise that this fits me :)



A new Volkwagen Golf! Why is this so?

1)Decent FC (17km/L), and annual road tax is cheap.

2)A Volkwagen!

3)Nice seats with LCD display. It has the outlook of my favourite BMW 1 series and Audi A3

4)Has a twin-charged engine for a nice cruise. 8 secs to reach 220km/h

5)6 ABS airbags! (OMG)

This car looks yummy. I really wish that I can graduate soon and test drive this car before I dump my cash to get this baby. It's not expensive at all because SMU Economics graduates get 4k a month as starting pay according to a recent survey. Bleah. :)

A detail review on the newest Golf:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=99&PN=1

No comments: